I didn’t want to be like all the other bloggers and post about NYE resolutions actually around Jan. 1–I figured I’d wait a few weeks and really build the suspense. I know most of you have been watching your blog roll looking for this exact post from me.
But really, life is busy. We are in contract on a house, our new baby niece entered this world, and well, life is just busy. But I’m rolling with it. It wasn’t too long ago that when I would be stressed or overwhelmed with even the littlest things that I would lose sleep, become irritable, and just not be that awesome to be around. As one of my resolutions and goals I set when I left my old job in September, I’ve decided that life is too short to just be stressed all the time.
With that said, I have some goals for 2015. Call them resolutions if you want, I’ll call them goals. Goals seem obtainable and I’m all about marking things off my list.
1. Travel more. This one is huge. We don’t have kids and we have a good amount of vacation time thanks to our jobs. We can make a million excuses not to travel (dog, money, time, etc.) but I know I’ll regret not using this time I have now. We are headed to Vegas in a few weeks and then have some smaller trips planned throughout the rest of the year. Nothing huge yet, but that’s okay.
2. Make yoga a habit. I love my yoga studio. It’s hot vinyasa yoga which means the room is close to 100 degrees and the movements are fast and hard. Definitely not your typical yoga class, but I know it is the best workout for my body. I mix it in with my other workouts and go once a week or every other week, but I really want to go try to go weekly or twice a week.
3. Do more DIY projects. We are buying a house that is missing a lot of things that I would love to have. Some are small (new coffee table), and some are huge (want to finish the basement). I don’t have a creative bone in my body and neither me or my husband are very handy. But, I really want us to try. I don’t want to always call someone, or buy something, I want to say, “hey, I made that/fixed that!”.
4. Shopping: quality over quanity. I’m getting way better at this but still have some work to do. I love shopping. My credit cards from the past (and present) will confirm that. Thankfully I’m past the Forever 21 days, but I still find myself buying just random pieces. I want to buy more high-quality clothes that will last longer and are yes, timeless.
5. Volunteer/give more to charity. I give regularly to PETA and the local dog shelter in town, but I know that’s not enough. I want to volunteer my time more. I don’t know where or how, but I do know that I can do a way better job of finding volunteer opps (besides pouring beer are festivals) that will help my community.
6. Stress less and enjoy more. This is the biggest one. I’m a control freak and I like things to go my way. When they don’t go my way I don’t exactly handle it the best. I’m learning to just let go. I can’t control everything and everyone so why even try?
Of course there are many other goals/resolutions that I have for this year, but these 6 are the big ones. 2014 was a big year and also a great year. I expect nothing less from 2015.
What goals/resolutions do you have for the new year?